Tuesday, 9 June 2015
Rocky Mountain House. Now that's a place I have to see.
I like names that speak to their location, Trout Lake, Mission, Summerland, they paint a picture that makes you want to visit or at least drop in on your way by. Rocky Mountain House has been one of those names that got stuck in my little boy imagination a long time ago. I've always thought of it as rugged, surrounded by mountains where bears are a constant worry. Houses are made of stone and are reminiscent of those tall Swiss lodges hearty hikers stay in and, since this is where your journey through the Rockies begins, lots of stores for provisions.
I've stayed away from googling up images of the town, I want to just arrive and see it for myself.
Pam and I will let you know how it goes. Its one stop on an eight day road trip to Edmonton to see my sister Mary Jane and various other relatives and friends of ours.
Main stops include:
Vernon✔
Rocky Mountain House✔
Edmonton✔
Jasper✔
Golden✔
Kelowna✔
Kamloops✔
Lilloet✔
Whistler✔
See you along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay, have a good trip!
ReplyDelete